Personal Injury Attorney | Holiday Travel Safety Tips
Personal Injury Attorney | The holidays can be both a joyful and stressful time of year. Families are on the go, running errands, going shopping and taking road trips to visit relatives and friends. Safe Kids Worldwide and General Motors, partners in keeping families safe for nearly two decades, offer seven simple tips for holiday travel:
- Remember to buckle up every ride, every time, whether it’s the long trip to visit family or around the block to the mall.
- Shopping center parking lots are busier during the holidays. Watch out for distracted pedestrians and drivers who may not be paying attention to you, especially when backing out of parking spaces.
- For parents of teens, remind them to be extra alert during this holiday season, when conditions are more challenging even for experienced drivers.
- Commit to keeping your electronics out of your hand. No text message or playlist is worth the risk.
- If you are headed to a party and plan to drink alcohol, designate a driver or use a car service to make sure you get home safely.
- Expect the unexpected. You never know when you have to stop abruptly, so keep hot foods, large gifts and anything that can become a projectile in the trunk.
- Remember when traveling in large groups, all vehicle occupants need their own seat belt or car seat, even for short rides.
“We want to remind parents that car seats and seat belts save lives,” said Kate Carr, president and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide. “As we travel in larger groups of family and friends, make sure every passenger has a seat belt or a properly-fitted car seat. It’s easy to forget simple steps in our holiday planning, but it only takes a few moments to make sure everyone is safe.”
Since 1989, the personal injury attorneys of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!