Personal Injury Attorney | Safety Tips for Parents & Homeowners
Personal Injury Attorney | Safety Tips for New Parents
- Never leave a baby alone on elevated furniture including beds, tables, chairs, or cribs, unless you have secured guardrails
- Place your baby on the floor or secured in a crib if you must leave them alone for a moment
- When changing your baby, make sure the guardrails of the changing table are secured
- If no changing table is available, place your baby on the floor to change them
- Make sure all baby furniture meets current safety standards – always look out for recalls
- Arrange furniture so you can see your child from all areas of the room
- Lock or block access to dangerous areas of your home – steps, risers, etc.
- Make sure your child has shoes with good tread
- Don’t leave your child unattended on balconies or lifted decks
- Keep children away from open windows or window screens
Slip and Fall Safety for Homeowners
- Be sure you have adequate homeowners insurance
- Keep your yard free from clutter and debris
- Fill holes and depressions in your property
- Fix concrete or brick areas
- Keep sidewalks and walkways free from snow and ice
- Make sure you have appropriate outdoor lighting
- Install handrails on your stairs (inside and out)
- Secure rugs and runners with non-slip pads
- Hide cords and wires to prevent trips and falls
Since 1989, the personal injury attorney of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!