Personal Injury Lawyer | Coping with Traumatic Brain Injury
Personal Injury Lawyer | Have you had a loved one suffer from traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of someone else? There’s a lot more to these injuries than the physical aspects. A number of strategies can help a person with traumatic brain injury cope with complications that affect everyday activities, communication and interpersonal relationships. Depending on the severity of injury, a family caregiver or friend may need to help implement the following approaches:
- Join a support group. Talk to your doctor or rehabilitation therapist about a support group that can help you talk about issues related to your injury, learn new coping strategies and get emotional support.
- Write things down. Keep a record of important events, people’s names, tasks or other things that are difficult to remember.
- Follow a routine. Keep a consistent schedule, keep things in designated places to avoid confusion, and take the same routes when going to frequently visited destinations.
- Take breaks. Make arrangements at work or school to take breaks as needed.
- Alter work expectations or tasks. Appropriate changes at work or school may include having instructions read to you, allowing more time to complete tasks or breaking down tasks into smaller steps.
- Avoid distractions. Minimize distractions such as loud background noise from a television or radio.
- Stay focused. Work on one task at a time.
Since 1989, the personal injury lawyers of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843-720-3737!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!