Personal Injury Lawyer | Helmet Tips for Bicyclists
Personal Injury Lawyer | Remember, a helmet and good cycling skills go hand in hand. Even though you’re wearing a helmet, it’s important to always practice safe riding.
Wear a Helmet:
- Always wear a helmet while riding a bike, no matter how short the trip.
- After a crash or any impact that affects your helmet, replace it immediately.
- Make sure your helmet fits properly:
- A helmet will not protect you if it does not fit properly.
- Make sure that the helmet fits on top of the head, not tipped back.
Shell and Pads:
- Find the smallest helmet shell size that fits over your head.
- Helmet pads should not be used to make a helmet that is too big fit your head.
- Leave about two-fingers width between your eyebrows and the front of the helmet.
- The straps should be joined just under each ear at the jawbone.
- The buckle should be snug with your mouth completely open.
- Periodically check your strap adjustment; improper fit can render a helmet useless.
- In general, the more vents the better; improper ventilation can cause overheating.
- Helmets with good ventilation can actually be cooler than riding with no helmet at all.
- Helmets come in all different colors in different models; buy a highly visible color.
- Shell color does not affect the temperature; a black shell will not be hotter in the sun.
- Pick a color that you will wear.
Since 1989, the personal injury lawyers of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!