Personal Injury Lawyer | Holiday Decorating Tips
Personal Injury Lawyer | As the heart of the holiday season approaches, many will be decorating their homes and businesses inside and out. With countless options at our fingertips, it’s easy to forget safety is even more important than style when it comes to adorning our spaces.
- Hang decorations and holiday lights during daylight hours when it’s easier to see power lines and avoid them with your ladder.
- Always carry ladders parallel to the ground and look up for power lines before positioning your ladder.
- Make sure trees have not grown too close to a power line before stringing lights.
- All outdoor cords, plugs and sockets must be weatherproof.
- Throw out any damaged lights strands. Older strands can be replaced with LED light strands which are safe to the touch and shatterproof. Be sure to check wall sockets, wires and any loose connections.
- Use no more than three standard-size sets of lights per single extension cord.
- Avoid running electrical extension cords under rugs or high traffic areas.
- Unplug holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Place holiday trees, candles and decorations at least three feet from fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents and candles.
- Purchase flame retardant metallic or artificial trees. Make sure real trees have fresh, green needles that aren’t easily broken and get plenty of water daily.
Since 1989, the personal injury lawyers of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!