With kids being back in school here are some important bus safety tips to keep in mind.
* Arrive at the bus stop about five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
* Never sit on the roadway or the curb while waiting for your bus; wait in a safe place away from the road.
* Never speak to strangers at the bus stop or get into the car with a stranger. Always tell your parents, the bus driver, and a teacher at school if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
* When the bus stops, wait for the driver’s signal that it is safe to cross the road or board the bus.
* If crossing the street, look left, right, and left again. Make eye contact and make sure your bus driver can see you as you cross the street.
* Never walk behind the school bus and stay away from the bus wheels at all times.